Thursday, June 26, 2008

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL…(the IMAGE factor!!!)






Months back I used to spend half a day every day thinking of what others thought of me…
Often did I smile when I assumed, yeah I am a hero…
What else…what to fear…every one smiles at me…applauds…
And then my senses woke up…’extra ordinary senses’ I must say…
I grew eyes at the back of my head…
I fitted ‘ears’ all around me…
Fitted cameras at all the corners I tread,
And I learnt how bad my “image” was…
The “image” that my own mirror never showed me
Sad and depressed I became,
Lost half a day every day, probing for ways to find a better “image”…
Dozens of answers, I looked at the mirror…not a little had I changed…
Ages passed by,
And then once again my senses sprouted up…
Now I saw the angels around me,
People who smiled with their hearts,
Who spoke for me at my ‘stakes’ and ‘funerals’,
Who chuckled with me…wailed with me,
I started counting…my fingers were enough…
I looked at the mirror…I had grown bigger.
Yeah, I was always a hero…in a few hearts at least…
Why did my eyes blind me then?
Why did my ears fib?
Oh! Dear can I wind back my clock…for all the time I ran behind “images”?

22 comments:

JustMe said...

good one.. :)

FLAVOURBLENDER said...

why does it always take time to realise wat lyf is really abt....recognizing people who luv us and care 4 us,n do to them the same,rather than viceversa..."the image factor" is an eye opener to all those my-image-blinded-eyes!!

Anonymous said...

dat ws really gd dear..........i ws readng all ur posts at once aftr a long time ....nice job....dat exam part (de last post) ws really gd a lot of creativity dre......

Saranya S said...

Really nice! Being positive is very important for every aspect of life. Discovering ur own values and a feeling of satisfaction do give a new but real image. Keep up!

Priya Joyce said...

Superb. gud post. Want another one like that.

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

wow...yeyyy.....thanks...sure..more 2 come soon...do chk in...

Priya Joyce said...

Thanx:
nithin

Solitary Vagabond said...

avasanam ninakkathu manasilayallo..athu mathiyeda, athu mathy....sob, ngum, sob

Quest said...

So the truth has dawned on u that you are also an hero...good one.. :)

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

thnks mate...;-)

Aneesh said...

An excellent one nithin, You could start thinking of designing a time machine or something pal.

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

he he..sure dude...i need one time machine...only 2 travel a decade forward...wanna know how my 'future' is gonna b!!!

Priya Joyce said...

hey you mean my post or yours.
Then thanx and I'm not offended.
But tell you it has happened to me I have been on the success srde and not on the note making side.

Pooja said...

Gud one...
reminds me of the one-liner,
"I don't care if you don't like me coz everyone who matters already approves"...
"image" is about how people perceive us...and never will everyone find us flawless...people who matter are the ones who adore us no matter what we are..

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

i'll rate this de best comment i've got on the post...thanks pooja...de one liner is too good!!!

Unknown said...

tsk tsk. discovered that u do indeed have FRIENDS?!! :P

SMRITI said...

I was in the middle of writing you a comment when the net connection got disrupted. Oddly, I was thinking about the image factor you know? Someone I really really love (family..mind you), thinks that I'm not conventionally good-looking. Because of that someone, I spent a large part of my childhood thinkin I am ugly, a mis-fit. Whenever I'd see a girl who I thought was beautiful, I wished I was as beautiful as her. When I had a crush on a guy, I'd hesitate to talk to him coz I didnt want to be shot down (though no one ever did "shoot me down"). My not so beautiful image put me down.

Soon I began to realise as a teenager that looks arent everything. I Knew that we are a bunch of programmed idiots who got our defitions of beauty all wrong.I began to see that people liked me for who i am and not for the way I looked. I think personally we shud ban all the cosmetic ads :P And some sense needs to be knocked into our brains.

Good that we have friends who'd make us realise whats more important in life and help us see the REAL us in the midst of our narcissist tendencies.

Kudos to you...great way to put down things..and well...you've made me write a mini bog here :D

SMRITI said...

Thanks for ALL of your comments btw...appreciate them ;)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thought

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

@amooma

:)

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

@smriti

:) :)

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

@partywidneha

:) cheerz