Friday, February 17, 2023

Achan & Kochu

My favourite pastime ever since I’ve come home on a short trip happens to be making endless arguments with my Achan regarding his medicines. Each fight lasts for a few minutes and ends up with his question, “which fish fry do you need for lunch”, or “what shall I get you for dinner”? 


He’ll easily win the ‘simplest man in the world’ award if there’s one. And his smile is all that’s needed to win every heart in the town. At the end of each fight, I look into the mirror only to find myself questioning my decision to stay miles away from him for the sake of a career. 


There was a time when I used to wait at the arrival zone at Trivandrum International Airport, getting ready to run and hug Achan as he came out with a trolley. All the world’s a stage and we just switched our roles. 


He’s all that I have and more importantly I’m all that he has. 






No comments: