Thursday, July 6, 2017

Review- The ministry of utmost happiness

The mother has delivered again; her first child was Classic. I rushed to the crib, and what did I see? In her own dreamland swam the second born, Epic. With her birth, the World now stands divided. On one side we have the haters and on the other, the lovers.

‘The Ministry of Utmost Happiness’ is the most stunning reply that a writer can give to a world of lies and prejudices. It is a political satire that ushers you to a roller coaster ride through a brutally real world. As you ride through the pages, you might lose touch with time, but hold tight, trust the author.

I loved it.

(I was in school, or was it college? I still remember the dream. Arundhati Roy visits my house. With a cup of coffee in her hand, she says, "Well Nithin I'm writing my second book."

Ages flew. Two years back, I met her. Spoke with her. And she said, "Well, couldn't visit you at your house, but I am writing my second book." Another two years fly, and here I hold the very book.)

No comments: